Tuesday, November 08, 2005

In Deep S***

15 kms drive back to home from work is something I cherish the most in a day. That's all the time I have just for me. Listening to the radio, reflections, reactions, recreation, problems, solutions and sometimes, nothing are the things that flash across my head during this drive. Be it rain or shine, peak or wee hours, I make sure there is never a reason to rush. But, today, the drive back home was a Mr.Bean episode!! Just that Mr.Bean had changed the gender and is not a Brit, but a mara thamizhachi - Me!
It was a pleasant dark evening after heavy showers, and I started from Tidel to drop Kalai at Adyar. The road to Thiruvanmiyur traffic light hadn't drained and the water was sluggish with bad stench. To avoid drainage water being splashed on us, I raised the windows and switched on the A/c. Not even 1/2 the km was covered, I realized the stench was getting stronger!! Did Kalai rush to work without having a bath? May be shez got a stomach upset? Or may be it is the car's carpet that got wet in last week's rain... Whatever be it, we couldn't handle it anymore and I switched off the A/c and let some fresh air in! uphh…. What a relief!!.
I just sat back, switched on the radio and relaxed. Radio Mirchi played 'Oru maalai Ilaiveyyil neram..' and I was tapping my feet at the Cenatoph road traffic lights, waiting to join Mt. Road. Did I ever tell you, that I hadn't learnt driving with my shoes? that I drive barefoot? :( I paid for it in full today! I stamped something cold on the floor.. Howz the duster cloth this wet? I thought! and why the hell is it sticking to my foot? As it was dark, I slightly ducked a little under the wheel...and I could smell....Same bad stench... A Flash in my head...just like it would for Bruce Willis in the climax of 'The Sixth Sense'...the bad smell, A/c vent near my foot... I had stamped dog sh!t on my shoes before I could get into the car!!!
I have 10 more kms to cover! and no water in the car! the red light was going to change...10..9..8.. I just managed to open the door and scrub my foot on the road before the lights turned green. After that moment of realization, the drive became sick. I wanted to throw up, get off and was driving badly with just one thing in mind - Reach home and clean the mess. Cursed myself for not learning to drive with the shoes on. Sudden breaks, screeching noise, sharp honks and a couple of snares followed.
By the time I reached Chetput bridge, Varuna Baghwan wanted to have some fun. It started drizzling heavily - Now, do I raise the windows and drive from inside a stinking car? Or do I let the aphoslery get wet and live with that stench tomorrow? I chose the latter. Finally, I reached home and after cleaning and feeling better, it struck me, I should have bought some bottled water, but where? In Mt.Road? Nungambakkam high road? Chetput bridge? Can't really think of a road-side store in these roads on the left side! Got to check out tomorrow. And, for all those who had to live with my reckless driving yesterday, Am sorry!

Gyan #1: Talented are those who can think calmly when in deep sh!t
Gyan #2: People laugh and smirk when you are in deep sh!t. It is for you to clean it up.
Gyan #3: Don’t just curse somebody for reckless driving. May be they are in deep sh!t
Gyan #4: Learn to drive with your shoes on

3 comments:

srivat said...

Ithukuthan 'Sila samayam Tharayai Patthum nadakanumnga'.Ithukellam feel pannatheenga.Tharaiyai irukura Sh!tta medhikama yaethirila vara vangalayum pakarathu satharana matter illa..Kashta pattu than pazhaganum. :-).Rear view mirror paathukuttu vandiya roadla ottama kolathula otturathukku ithu paravalla.

Yadhvi said...

:) look whoz talking about lookin down and walking! En neram...

Tyler Durden said...

dsmd. enough said.